What Will I Learn?
Everything you need to know about effectively running a compliant payroll office!
Level 1 lecture
- How to create your payroll company and ensuring that it is set up correctly the time round.
- How to create and link Cost centres, Pay points, Job codes and occupations.
- How to create employees and maintaining employee date.
- Setting up, adjusting and processing of leave and leave taken.
- How to set up a payslip for an employee and ensuring that all the statutory transactions are entered.
- Capturing overtime and other additional payment information.
- Understanding and changing transactions to suit specific processing requirements.
- Setting up and processing EFTs.
- How to print the payslips.
- Which reports to print at month end.
- How to amend a payslip in the event that a mistake was made.
- Making backups of your payroll information.
- Updating into a new pay period and closing off a month successfully.
Level 2 lecture
- Easily import & export information.
- Protect your payoll information by setting up user access rights and passwords.
- Create new Transaction Templates and formulae for powerful and complex incentive or allowance calculations.
- How to set up new rates for specialised shift allowances and specific overtime requirements.
- Utilising the Batch Transactions facility for multiple transaction input on a single screen i.e. commissions and overtime.
- Printing reports for previous periods.
- Learn how to use the powerful Multiple Transaction.
- Manager to affect global transaction changes over multiple selections of employees.
Level 3 lecture
- Legislative requirements made simple and explained in detail.
- Fringe benefits and tax calculations made simple.
- Understand the factors that influence the tax calculation.
- Correctly applying directives.
- How to tax temporary or part-time employees.
- Calculating tax correctly, the simple way!
- Correctly calculating tax on an annual bonus or irregular payments.
- How to accommodate and calculate travel allowances.
- Preforming the SITE & PAYE split.
Level 4 lecture
- Payroll tax – Identifying tax discrepancies, Evaluating payroll tax parameters, Payroll tax tips for the “do-it-yourself” expert.
- Leave – How to make leave adjustments, Loading year-to-date leave information.
- Payroll Reporting – How to utilise Payroll Reports for problem solving purposes, using the monthly analysis report for payroll auditing purposes.
- Backups – Common mistakes while making backups, how to successfully restore a backup.
Level 5 lecture
- The A to Z on effectively running the payroll office.
- The monthly payroll cycle.
- All you need to know about the Acts that govern payroll.
- Company policy and the responsibility of the Payroll.
- Processing terminations correctl.
- Reconciling earnings and deductions.
- Producing reports to assist in reconciling tax and performing your own payroll audit.
- Step-by-step procedures on completing statutory forms and UIF submissions.